Sunday 9 January 2022

NEW IDEAS EMERGE. WE WILL SEE!

 

9th January, 2022


“The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.”

(Bill Phillips)


Well, here we are, the second week of January and at what stage are we when it comes to weight loss, New Year's resolutions and the new us.

For many it may already have dwindled or they have given up, after all it wasn't really going to work once real life kicked in was it ๐Ÿ˜ For others that have been losing weight throughout 2021 and gave themselves a break for Christmas, it may be hard to get back into the swing of things. It's all really about mind set and how we see things and trying to find a middle way. A middle way that is sustainable. It's not easy at this time of year to always be motivated or not to let boredom creep in and spoil the show. With me I know it can be boredom, or should I say activating my mind to think of things rather than food. In the Summer it is much easier. There is always somewhere to go, or something to do outside which you don't always want to do when it's cold and raining. For me to stick to my plan of healthy eating I need to be doing other things. Other things that don't always involve food. I say that, but I would like to start thinking of cooking interesting healthier food. This is not always easy me for me to do as I find I cannot stand for long a great length of time without feeling the consequences later, but I am sure I can find a way around this with a little help from Steve.

I have also thought about finding new interests and new groups that I could possibly join, plus doing a little volunteering work, but all of this I shall write about as I progress, and I can see where they go.

I managed to keep myself going through the lockdowns of 2020 and I am sure I can do it now. Of course, then my motivation was at a very high level, but I can still come up with things now especially as things in the outside world are getting easier. I have a love of clothes and fashion, even more so since I have lost weight and also I have a great love for jewellery, especially unusual jewellery. I find a lot of things on my charity shop and antique centre visits and look forward to doing more of this. It is a little difficult for me to go too far at this moment in time as the bus drivers in our area are on an indefinite strike, but that won't last forever.

I still watch a bit of Youtube, but to be fair I have learnt so much from there and have found some really interesting channels that are very entertaining. In an upcoming blog I will write about these and how I have used information from them to help myself. I am also in the process of finding out more about online courses and what I can gain from a little more education.

So what with new foods, fashion and jewellery, new groups, Youtube and a little more learning, you can see I have set myself up for a very interesting time, along with, of course, carrying on with my writing. It is so important for me to carry on progressing with my healthy eating and trying, as a result, to lose a few more pounds. If all these new ideas I have come up with help to occupy this mind of mine, it can only be a bonus, says she with optimism.

So we will see what happens next,

Until next time,

Love, Jackie

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment