Tuesday 27 October 2020

CATERPILLAR OR BUTTERFLY, THE CHOICE IS MINE

 27th October 2020

I was a caterpillar, dull and plain, no one saw me as I blended into the background, except when someone noticed that this caterpillar was fat and could be abused, because I was fat and unimportant. A plain, fat, caterpillar, living it's life in the background. Not beautiful like the flowers around me, just dull and plain, blending into the shadows.

Then, one day, I stopped moving. I went into a chrysalis of thought and self-analysis. Deep in thought of what I was, what I am, and possibly what I could be.

Then one day I came out into the light, the beautiful sunshine and realised I was different. I had become what I should be – a beautiful butterfly. What I always meant to be, I just didn't realise. I was so busy being what I was, I didn't realise what I could be, what I had the right to be.

To have the confidence to break free, still be me, just a better me. The real me, sitting in the sun and having the ability to fly into the future.


Jackie

xx

3 comments:

  1. You've always been a beautiful butterfly. So glad you fluttered by into my life xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always believing in me , love always xx

      Delete