Sunday 18 October 2020

CAN WE THINK FOR OURSELVES?

18th October 2020.


Can we think for ourselves? That may seem like a silly question, and of course it may be, but as I look around when I'm out in public, watching TV, and reading on the internet or doing my healthy eating research, I really think that some people, for whatever reason, can't.

These are very strange times with the covid situation, and it's made worse with the conflicting rules, but I also find that there are many other situations where people don't understand, don't follow the rules, want to be told what to do, don't want to be told what to do, don't think that they can do it for whatever reason or think one way to cope is better than another. We can debate the current virus situation for hours, but the subject of my blog is weight loss, maintaining weight loss, healthy eating and all the issues that crop up around this.

I know that my experience is that I have had to learn to think for myself. I am with myself 24-7 when it comes to food and what it can do to me. Only I can do it for me in the same way that anyone out there can do it for themselves. There are many diets and diet groups out there and many groups do offer support at some level or another, but when push comes to shove you do it for yourself. You can do it yourself by learning to know yourself and thinking for yourself. If we depend on a “diet” or specific group we are setting ourselves up for failure if it doesn't work or if it not there.

There are no special diets or foods. If you “fail”, it is not because you have done something wrong. You are not to blame. What is to blame is the thing that expects you to follow what you are told rather than thinking for yourself. It is not an easy way, but when it works it can be so satisfying. You have worked out what is right for you and it has worked. You did it, you worked it all out and it worked. You now know what foods you really like, what you can't do without and what you can. How you are going to work out your very own calories in eating your meals against the calories burnt by living day to day and what exercise you like to do.

We are all individuals, all different and a generic “diet” is not going to work. At some point it will fail and we will blame ourselves. We always do.

We can change things. It is possible, but what we need to do is know who we are, what we really want and start thinking for ourselves.

Until next time,

Love Jackie

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment