Saturday 31 July 2021

SOME TIME OFF

 

31st July, 2021

I first started writing my blog back in 2014 to log my weight loss journey to see where it would take me. I wrote it until 2015, and then life got in the way, old habits kicked back in and I stopped writing. Mostly because I knew I was putting weight back on and I felt that I was a failure. Looking back on it, knowing what I know now, I realise I hadn't failed, I just hadn't learnt what I needed to learn.

Fast forward to 2020 (what a year to go down in history, for so many reasons) and I started to write once again. My writing has helped me mentally to work things out and clear my mind. I have been writing this time for 16 months, and during this time I have learnt so much about myself and about weight loss. I am now at a point where I am nearly there with the weight I need to lose, and will soon begin learning how to maintain my weight. I have been informed that my hip replacement operation should now take place towards the end of August, and with a long awaited visit from our grandchildren for ten days at the beginning of the month, we are going to have a very busy – and interesting – time. Because of this, I have decided that until at least the beginning of September I am taking a break from writing my blog.

It is definitely going to be a very interesting period, where I am not really sure what is going to happen, but I am sure it will give me quite a lot to write about once I am ready. I will probably at times not have a lot of control over what I eat, but that will not be the end of the world (at least I don't think it will).

I am sure that I will soon be back on track to be the best and healthiest I can be in time for my son and future daughter-in-law's wedding at the end of November.

I'll sign off for now, but hopefully I will be back writing down my thoughts about weight loss and life very soon indeed.

Love for now,

Jackie

xxx

P.S. I am now 13 stone and have lost 102 lbs!


No comments:

Post a Comment